Instagram: Use for Social Media
Social Media undoubtedly has become extremely important in today’s Digital Marketing world. A huge number of Social Media Platforms are available, using which people get a lot of help in their marketing campaigns. Here we talk about a pretty famous and used by a lot many, that is Instagram.
Instagram is most people’s favourite social platform for marketing through social media. If you promote a visually compelling product then Instagram is a must for your business. Launched in 2010 it is one of the fastest growing social media platforms ever. Hitting 1 million users in 3 months. Now Instagram has over 900 million active monthly users. Instagram is simple. People post pictures, tag their friends, use hashtags and double tap photos when they like something.
New features like stories and the ability to post more than one photo per posts have only increased its marketing potential. And Instagram introduced advertisement last year, which is great for marketers. You select targeting and creative right in Facebook Ad manager. It follows the same targeting options as Facebook as outlined above. How to be native: visually compelling pictures are a must-have on Instagram. Inspiring quotes and questions on a white background also do well if your brand isn’t great visually. If you be creative you can make even the most boring brand work on Instagram. Take Heinz, for example, they sell tomato sauce (or ketchup). Yet they make it so fun and engaging.
- Search for popular hashtags relevant to your brand. Use 30 on every post but hide them in the comments.
- Follow up to 15-20 people every hour, if possible. They will start to follow you back.
- You can also try Instagram influencer marketing, I’ve written about influencer marketing here. YouTube
- YouTube killed the TV star? This social network changed the way generations consumed video. The ease of streaming is way too convenient and it’s free.
- YouTube has over a billion users and on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- And the good news for marketers, it’s much more cost-effective to run advertisements on YouTube than cable TV.
- YouTube is also perfect for sharing long videos with your audience. Such as product demos or video tutorials.
- Drive followers from other social channels by uploading shorter versions of your longer videos. And provide a link to the full video. How to be naive: it’s simple, high-quality professionally edited videos that either entertain or teach. Experiment with the length of your videos. But anything over 5-10 minutes you will lose attention.
Must Read: Top 5 Must Have Android Apps for Windows PC
How to Go About It?
Create valuable entertaining or educational videos. Upload them to YouTube and promote teaser snippets on your other social channels. Consider promoting your videos on YouTube itself. You can do this through Google AdWords. A great example is Gillette a shaving razor brand. On their YouTube channel, they have short shaving tips videos. They get great engagement with their audience. To know more about the Social Media field or be it any other field related to Digital Marketing, Enroll at Digital Technology Institute, New Delhi and get trained by the best Digital Marketers that the nation has to offer.
Instagram’s future is undoubtedly bright. People, more and more every day are not just increasing in number but also are their hours on Instagram increasing. The brand now is under Facebook’s wing so yeah, the trio of Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram sure is doing and will do wonders. Still, this is just an iota to the unlimited reach and a lot of features that Instagram holds in stock for all its users.