French video game group Ubisoft announced on Saturday the company had to leave several employees after conducting a review in response to allegations of misconduct, which earlier reports centered around allegations of sexual misconduct.

The changes were introduced to improve the “workplace culture”, the company said.

The company’s chief creative officer, managing director of its Canadian studio and global head of human resources, has resigned from its positions, effective immediately, the company said.

“The company has recently launched a rigorous review in response to allegations of misconduct and unfair treatment of malpractice,” the company said in a statement.

Ubisoft Said last month Investigation into allegations of misconduct In the company with the support of specialized external consultants.

According to media reports, earlier this week Ubisoft confirmed the departure of its vice-president Maxim Beland following allegations of assault.

According to a Bloomberg report, two high-ranking Ubisoft executives were placed on leave following allegations of misconduct last month.

The video game industry was caught in the #MeToo movement in June after women abused Twitter. A medium post was also circulated with compiled charges.

© Thomson Reuters 2020