On Friday, a senior government official said that the player is unlikely to ban the mobile version of UNDoggle Battleground (PUBG) following PUBG Corp’s decision to withdraw the rights to publish mobile games in the country from China’s Tencent.

PUBG MobileA popular online multiplayer battle game, was one of 118 Chinese-origin apps Banned By New Delhi earlier this month.

Led to PUBG CorpSouth Korean firm’s entity behind the game, Ko announcement of It won’t give now Tencent games Rights to publish the game in India. It also said that it was exploring ways to provide a gaming experience to Indian users in the future.

The new ownership structure, however, is unlikely to change things immediately, the source said, declining in name as he was not authorized to speak to the media.

“The violent nature of the game has been the cause of many complaints from all quarters,” the source said. “It does not change with the change in ownership rights.”

A spokesperson for PUBG Corp in South Korea said the company was closely reviewing India’s concerns and needed improvement.

There have been talks with the company Jio Platform, The digital arm of Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries, to bring the game back to its largest market by users.

A PUBG spokesperson told Reuters, “We had initial talks with Jio platforms, but looked for collaboration opportunities, but nothing has been decided yet.”

believe Did not respond to request for comment

Officially New Delhi says it has banned apps because they collect user data and pose a threat to national security, a move widely seen as a conflict between India and China with a disputed Himalayan The month-long deadlock is seen as a way to pressure Chinese tech companies. Limit.

© Thomson Reuters 2020


Should the government explain why Chinese apps were banned? We discussed it Of class, Our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe through Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, or RSS, Download episode, Or simply hit the play button below.